COVID-19 RESPONSE UPDATE
To our patients, thank you for taking the time to read this notice. We wish to outline our response to the COVID-19 outbreak:
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE CLINIC IF YOU DON’T HAVE AN APPOINTMENT
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO YOUR APPOINTMENT IF YOU HAVE:
- Been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting the result
- Been overseas or interstate in the past 14 days, or been in contact with anyone coming from overseas or interstate
- A sore throat
- Coughing or sneezing
- Headaches, itchy eyes
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Diarrhoea, vomiting
If you feel that your problem is not urgent and/or feel uncertain about attending, please feel free to call and postpone your appointment.
This virus is especially dangerous for our immunosuppressed and elderly patients and we would encourage them to stay away if they are able to.
In an effort to keep in line with what is happening in our hospitals, we aim to restrict our surgical procedures to cases that cannot be safely postponed (eg. skin cancer)
- If you are attending for the first time, please print out our Patient Questionnaire, complete it, scan it and email it back to us. This will reduce handling of paper and the possibility of transmitting infection.
- Please arrive only 5 minutes before your appointment to avoid congregating in the waiting room. Doctors do their best to keep to time and we apologise if we are unable to do so.
- Please come alone if possible in order to keep the number of people in the building to a minimum
- Your temperature will be taken with a touchless thermometer at the door and we will ask additional questions about your health prior to checking in
- Please use our hand sanitiser or wash your hands before entering further into the surgery, touching surfaces or sitting down
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the reception counter for added safety against droplet spread
- We have reduced the seat numbers and the seats have been spaced further apart in order to provide appropriate social distancing.
- We may set a limit on the number of people that can be present in the waiting room
- After checking in, if you have a mobile phone, there is the option for you to wait in your car or outside of the building. Please let the reception staff know if this is something you are happy to do.
- If you have one available, we would prefer that you wear a mask to the consultation to minimise droplet spread
- During the examination process, because you will be in close quarters with your dermatologist, we will try to minimise talking for the same reason.
- We have moved away from cash payments to “card-only”. Our EFTPOS machines are sanitised regularly
- Payments can be made over the phone
- In order to minimise the need for our patients to leave their homes, we will be offering telehealth services where possible.
Our steps have been taken in order to reduce non-essential travel and to reduce the spread of this disease. We care about you and your families, our staff and the community.
Thank you for your trust and ongoing support during this unprecedented event and we wish you the best of health.
Brian De’Ambrosis, Jim Muir, Simon Yong Gee, Asoka Herat, Corinne Yoong, Yin Vun, Lisa Byrom and the South East Dermatology family